1890, Purchased from France by businessman William J. Thompson (nicknamed "The Duke of Gloucester") and placed on his Gloucester City estate
in the 1920s, When the estate was demolished to make room for the Coast Guard station, the statue was saved
1929, The statue was moved to its present location when Camden County created the new park
Smithsonian Institution/SOS! website, August 14, 2015
2012 Matthews Mark Matthews, "Meandering w/ Mark Matthews: Outrage over Gloucester's City "Iron Lady" Statue", CBNnews.net, 30 July 2012 (see http://www.gloucestercitynews.net/clearysnotebook/2012/07/meandering-w-mark-matthews-outrage-over-gloucester-iron-lady-statue.html)
Marble commissioned by Les Bâtiments du Roi in 1755. Sketch exhibited at the 1757 Salon in Paris. Marble, Paris, Musée du Louvre; created a sensation when exhibited at the 1767 Salon. Louis XV gave the statue in 1772 to Madame Du Barry, who installed it in the park of the Château de Louveciennes.