Mont-de-Marsan, Landes 1874 - Paris 1946
Maker: Rudier, Alexis
1937, this cast 1938
bronze, greenish patina, 2nd cast
Dimensions (HxWxD): H. 72 3⁄4 in.
on base: C. Despiau / Alexis Rudier Fondeur, Paris
Acc. No.: 1950.241
Credit Line: Purchased with funds from the Libbey Endowment, Gift of Edward Drummond Libbey
Photo credit: Toledo Museum of Art
- Mme Charles Despiau
- Paris. M. G. Jacquart
- 1950, Purchased with funds from the Libbey Endowment, Gift of Edward Drummond Libbey
- Museum's website, December 9, 2012
- 2004-2005 Toledo
The Unseen Art of TMA: What's in the Vaults and Why?, Toledo Museum of Art, September 12, 2004-January 2, 2005 (no catalogue or checklist)
- First cast sold to the Museum of Modern Art, New York, in 1939.
[This cast made in 1938 is the second.]
Three other casts made after 1939:
- Paris, Petit Palais
- Rotterdam, Boymans Museum
- Frankfort, Staedel Institute
Seven half-life-size were also made.